Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, April 19, 2024

Transformer Thundertank (Thundercats cartoon) using LEGO Creator 31129: Majestic Tiger

 
I am  bitten by Thundertank bugs this year!!!

PROLOGUE


Few months ago, I acquired set 31152: Space Astronaut, and made a Thundertank-former with it (video below)



Actually the above is not my first LEGO Thundertank-former.  The very first one was made using Emmet's Triple Decker Couch Mech set (video tutorial below) made before the turn of this decade , year 2019 to be exact.


ABOUT SET 31129


Set 31129 was released in the year 2022, and I plan to build  many , many Transformers using it.  However, in this recent years..I was inching along with only 4 creations made so far (including this Thundertank-former).  Prior to this, Dinobot Snarl was made using the set (video below)


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

The alternate mode, Thundertank (inset) is an iconic vehicle used in Thundercats cartoon from the 1980s. The cartoon featured  humanoid protagonists  with feline attributes and names, hailing from planet Thundera


Well, I was bitten by Thundertank bugs after I made a Thundertank-former earlier this year with the Astronaut set.  And  Majestic Tiger set is due to have a new Transformer be made, coincidentally.... the feral/feline nature of the set itself is just a perfect fit for a Thundertank.


VIDEO



I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!





I started the project by sorting the black parts from the set and maximise their usage to build the tank treads first.


Black Panther thanked Panthro for giving him the ignition keys to Thundertank for a quick ride .





 


 

Even Thor's hammer is not match for the tank's crushing paws.


Bigger paws  , like 3-stud-big  would make for a better looking vehicle mode. But they looked ugly in robot mode.. so I cancelled the plan. 


WEAPONS DEPLOYED


This creation is not complete without these popup cannons , just like in the original Thundertank.





TRANSFORM!




The protruding rounded tan colored spurs on his pelvis helped to secure the legs in tank mode. When the legs are formed, these spurs can be folded away. 



Note the red lower jaw. That's one of the final improvement made to this project before I wrap things up.


ROBOT MODE


Compared to Astronaut set Thundertank-former where whole paws becoming the robot hands, this one here  require the paws to be folded away to reveal his robot hands.

 

 



"Wakanda needs a batallion of Thundertanks! Make this happen!"


 

MORE MODE



 


 


Seemed like ages since  I tagged my most favorite photo from each of my creations.  The above is the one from this project!

 

WITH TEAM THUNDERTANK




BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!


Below are previews on how the instructions will look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...