Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, March 1, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Space Cruiser from LEGO Creator 31145: Red Dragon

 

This poor creation has been sidelined by me not once, but twice over!

PROLOGUE

On January , I bought a few newly released LEGO sets for year 2024, and Creator 31145: Red Dragon was one of them. This set was meant to be my first choice to have a Transformer built and published on the same month (of all the year 2024 sets I bought). 


I noticed the many ball joints from the set, which is good. However... there are macaroni* pieces that the ball joints are connected to, which is not so good.

*The existence of  macaroni pieces (big or small)  in Dreamzzz sets is also the reason why I yet to buy them to built Transformers from. 

After enjoying building the 3 models from the set above, I quickly get down and started to build a Transformer out of  it, stopping at 90% progress. And then... I shifted my focus towards the sets below, and published them first!



Just last week I finally returned to this project and decided to complete and publish it!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT
 
This project started off as a submarine Transformer.  By 90% progress , I was not too sure of it's design then,especially the robot head. Perhaps that's the reason why I decided to put it aside .

Upon  returning to this project recently with a fresh outlook, I simplified the rear of the vehicle. The parts released  then used to build the nosecone of this cruiser mode.


 

Despite not so keen on macaroni parts, I still will find ways to utilize them in my creation. Noticed how they wrap around on the wings.



 




TRANSFORM!


Instead of stud-as-pegs, the macaroni pieces helped to align the robot limbs-turned-wings in vehicle mode.



ROBOT MODE


The modest number of parts from this set led to him having short legs, like a young /pre-teen Transformer.

 

Again.... I'm thankful for the macaroni parts ! They  ended up as heels to stabilize the robot mode!



Eureka moment was when I suddenly discovered that I can enhance his flat head design with the curved piece.  


 



 

VIDEO TUTORIAL




Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...