Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, March 15, 2024

Video Tutorial: Thundertank Transformer from LEGO Creator set 31088: Deep Sea Creatures

 
Wow... I can't believe It's been more than a year since I tinkered with this set!

PROLOGUE

In my early days of building Transformers with single LEGO sets 5 years ago, I usually made  only one TF per set and then called it a day. Then I  find the next new sets  to experiment around with . Set 31088: Deep Sea Creatures was one of those sets.


And then pandemic happened, and I was  forced to stay indoor, work from home. With limited access to new LEGO sets,  I started to recycle my alternate builds,  and build different variants of Transformers using those sets. And set 31088 really proved it's worth, with 3 new creations produced in a single year at it's peak!

I recently discovered that the last time I made anything using the set above was about one year ago! (video below)


So I guess time is ripe for me to make a new Transformer using the set this year... and make this an annual event at least!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Actually the inspiration to built a Thundertank Transformer came from my earlier Thundertank TF using the latest Creator Astronaut set.   Recently I have a knack of having my new projects inspired another subsequent ones, sometimes within a span of few days  . The biggest challenge here however, is the limited number of parts for me to use... 230 pieces.





Thundertank is an iconic vehicle from Thundercats cartoon back in the 1980s .

 

I got a feeling this vehicle mode has more resemblance to the Thundertank from latest Thundercats cartoon aired in the year 2011 





 

Paw up!!



 

Cannon deployed!



TRANSFORMATION






ROBOT MODE


 


 

MORE POSES


 


 



VIDEO TUTORIAL






Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...