Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, November 5, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Helicopter (aka Thor Copter) from LEGO Marvel set 76169 and Creator 31111

 

Both set 76169 and 31111 were acquired at the beginning of this year, and I've been planning to build a Transformer by combining them ever since.


However, as  individual sets, they are versatile  enough for me to build Transformers from either one. So I focused on that and had churned out 3 Transformers from set 76169, and two  from 31111 so far.



 My recent Transformer, Dronebot v2, made with 31111

 

My recent Transformer scorpion, made with 76169

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Before the year is drawing to a close, I think time is ripe to merge both sets mentioned above. The reason for the merge is simple: both the sets contain parts of similar colors, predominantly black, with the rest towards a warmer  tone. 


I've opted for helicopter as alternate mode this time is because I've yet to create such mode from official LEGO sets so far.




As you can see, Thor's Hammer was placed at the very center of the rotor.


The hardest component to build was actually the rotor blades, simply because I need them to spin freely rather than locked in place. 




WITH PILOT

Both sets used for this creation contained  a minifigure each. And official drone mode from set 31111 itself sits one pilot . So I've decided to allow my creation here able to do so as well.



The sinister droid has taken control of Thor's mech armor and use its components to enhance his own drone jet and accidentally turned it into a sentient Transformer , after being given life by Thor's Hammer that powered this newly built vehicle. 







TRANSFORM!





Padding the feet with gray brackets and repositioning the tail fins/heels were some of the changes done in the final hours, to improve the stability of the robot mode.


Rotor blades design gave me a challenging time, and more so when finding ways to connect them to the vehicle body. There's only about 1 stud wide of clearance.



All I hoped after building the rotors was that it won't protrude from the back of the robot mode like a sore thumb...


....and I was glad to be able to fold them into a crossbow-like weapon that was slung across to the side  of his body. 

ROBOT MODE














BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Legs





Rotors



Body





VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video not showing? Click here please


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • More free building instructions  (mostly from official LEGO sets)
  • Free building instructions involving set 31111
  • Free building instructions involving set 76169
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...