Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, October 2, 2020

Video Tutorial: Transformer Cyclonus from LEGO set 31100 and 76140

 


Cyclonus is my second attempt in building a LEGO Transformers using parts from both set 31100 and set 76140.

My first attempt was a red Batman Tumbler Transformer  , built early this year.  After the pandemic started and my country Malaysia was put on a lockdown March this year,   I've decided to give both sets another shot at LEGO TF.  This time, something not land-based.


This design was a result from many experimentations to build a jet  mode.  My challenge here was to build a jet mode that's different from the jet planes TF I built before.


Here, I am trying to use the parts that I was not able to use in my first attempt, like the white slopes. Here, these white slopes look pretty decent as jet windshield, despite not being semi-transparent.


 

Another part I am able to apply is the  hinged mech chest-panel. When folded out, it looks like tailfins.


 

I named his Cyclonus, since it resembles a character of the same name from G1 Transformers cartoon series.  





TRANSFORM!







ROBOT MODE


 

Initially the printed golden round disk was connected on his chest, but I think it looks better on his abs instead.


Usually I built the head last for most of my LEGO TF . This time around, Cyclonus head was built earlier in this project since I discovered a way to turn his head into jet cockpit.




MORE EXCITING POSES!


 

 


 



BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Video tutorial is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, do sort your parts by referring to the photos below:














VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here instead.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...