Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, October 9, 2020

Video Tutorial: Star Wars X-wing from LEGO set 31089: sunset Track Racer

 


This is a "product" of my overconfidence, really. Let me explain...

I have been wanting to build a TF from set 31089 (released last year) , assuming it contains many sleek parts , by observing its box art.  Only recently I managed to buy this set and discovered that even though many of the parts were good ... it's still lacking adequate numbers of hinges for me to start building a transformable alternate design (not necessarily a robot).

I guess I overestimate myself this time in gauging LEGO sets.



Deciding not to allow this set gone to waste, I spent about a week tinkering around with the parts trying to build something recognizable from pop culture.   Finally, this X-wing was born!

GENERIC MODE

This was an "afterthought" after finishing my build, a generic looking space cruiser.


Almost all parts from the set were used up for this creation. I'm left with just about a dozen unused parts , including rubber tires. 








X-WING MODE 1

One discovery that sparked my decision to build X-wing:  this LEGO set has many parts in multiple of fours! 







X-WING MODE 2

With limited number of hinges from the set, most of them were used up in connecting the wings to the plane body.









BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

The wing connections are fair at best. So this creation is probably good as a display specimen, rather than to be played about like a toy. If you can accept this, let's proceed with building it! 

Video tutorial is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, do sort your parts by referring to the photos below:





Note: Despite being symmetrical with Wing #3, Wing #4 above actually used more parts than Wing #3.














VIDEO TUTORIAL

Click here if video above is not showing.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...