Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Cybertron Starscream from LEGO Creator set 31112: Wild Lion

 

This project was actually started alongside my early creation based on Cybertron Starscream months back..


PROLOGUE

Early this year, I made my first Transformer using Creator set 31130 (which was long delayed)   , and it was based on Starscream from Transformers: Cybertron cartoon series. 


At the same time... I suddenly was inspired to build another similar  Starscream using set 31112... and both projects took off concurrently.

ABOUT CYBERTRON STARSCREAM

In my early days of building Transformers using LEGO  about 20 years ago.... Transformers: Cybertron (known as Galaxy Force in Japan) started airing. So one of my first Transformer build using LEGO was Starscream from the show (below)

 

Click here for photo gallery of the creation above.


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Despite being almost completed few months ago, even the head , I yet again hit a wall:   The leg design was unstable. So it was left in limbo till 2 weeks ago.. where I resumed building and improving the design, and so.. here we are! Finally done!


Murphy's law strikes again! I did not compare this creation against the real deal (inset jet photo) prior to snapping photos and videos of this creation. Noticed how the nosecone is considerably longer in the official version.   Well,  with a bit of tinkering.. I'm sure you guys can make it longer by yourselves!

 

Actually the horned tailfins was applied  early in this project, as a placeholder for better ones to come. However, by the time I'm done with this project, there's no more extra parts left suitable to be made into a proper tailfins.


I've made quite a number of Transformers using set 31112. Click here to view them.

 

 



TRANSFORMATION




ROBOT MODE


 

I love the head design on this one. It also doesn't rely on ball joint to connect to the robot body, which I usually do for my creations.

 

Observe the complexity of leg design, particularly on the knees. I faced similar challenges building Starscream from set 31130 as well, where brackets must be used creatively to allow the knee joints to have wider range for transformation purpose.



MORE POSES


 

 


 


Side by side with 31130 Starscream 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Arms





Left  Leg


 

Right Leg


 


Body


 

 




VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...