Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 15, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Speedboat from LEGO Marvel set 76146: Spider-man mech armor

 


I almost given up hope completing this project, which was started at least 6 months back.


When I started this project, things were going pretty smoothly  until I hit a bump:  I can't complete the vehicle rear despite multiple  attempts.  It's a sign I should  halt the project  and put it aside.  And so I did... and many months have passed by since.

Just few days ago, I rediscovered it lying about and decided to resume it.  With a fresh new mindset and  anticipations...... I finally found a way to put a closure to it*. 

*Silly me again. How could I have not known from the beginning that a speedboat  simply requires an engine on its rear , something easily achievable with the many rounded parts from set 76146.



By the way, I've used set 76146 to build many Transformers before. Click here to view them





Note the ball joint at the middle of the boat. Initially it was meant to point down. But then again, its a boat anyway, so allowing it to point up  makes a decent cleat*

*A new boating term I learned recently.A cleat is where the boat can be moored (secured to the dock).



There's still a handful of nice parts left from  set 76146 after I finalize this project. I decided not to try too hard to utilize them as this always led me to prolonging the project further.



TRANSFORM!


Both the engines were the final design applied to this creation before I wrap things up.





ROBOT MODE




Tip: do not skimp on using hinges to widen the foot-print for stability.












 An unexpected "attack mode" feature, where both engines can turn into shoulder mounted cannons.





BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS


Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Legs




Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video above is not showing

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • More free building instructions  (mostly from official LEGO sets)
  • Building Instructions using Marvel Mech Armor set

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...