The sketches above where quickly drafted (in 10 minutes!) earlier this month when I had an eureka moment after surfing the net for new inspiration. I never made a trainbot before so I guess , why not? And I've decided to make him a triple changer just to add in a bit more challenge there =)
After weeks of building and rebuilding, I found out my initial design on these sketches only looked good on papers. Things pretty much have changed then.
Progress so Far
This is the first time I build with parts from random colors, just to save time from finding the right colored parts. I am focusing more on the core design /engineering .
I insisted on using LEGO wheels 3 weeks ago. This proved to be a costly mistake, time-wise. I tried hard to adapt these wheels into my design and complicates everything (read: over-engineering) with too many hinges and swivels.
Then I undo all these and use LEGO round plates as wheels, and reduced the number of hinges used by about 40% so far.
So as you can see, the middle segment of the train is almost done but the battle has just started . Although I foresee the work on the other 2 segments (train heads) will not be as challenging as the middle segment /body above, the middle segment will require extensive rebuilds to crank out the 3rd mode for this LEGO TF.
Shall post more work-in-progress in the near future. Thanks for viewing!
Post a Comment