He stings again!
This is LEGO 31150 Alternate Build / MOC, turning Wild Safari Animals set into Scorponok from Transformers cartoon/comic series. Scorponok is one of the leader of the Decepticons.
RECAP!
Before this project, I have made Bayverse Megatron using this LEGO set (video below)
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
In the original G1 Transformers cartoon series, Scorponok is a triple-changer and turned into a base , aside from his acorpion mode. My creation here , doesn't have base mode.. still a legit reference though since there are Scorponoks from subsequent Transformers cartoon/comics without base mode
The most challenging part is not what you guys think! I'ts the scorpion legs! I tried building 4 pairs of independent legs on but they were structurally weak. So i've decided to fuse them together to maximise structural integitry.
TRANSFORM!
Note how the tail is tabbed to the back of the robot mode. Despite having waist joint, this effectively lock it in.
To prevent the waist for looking too slim, swivel the gray rounded plates down to pad the waist.
ROBOT MODE
MORE ACTION POSES
VIDEO TUTORIAL
No comments:
Post a Comment