Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 2, 2024

Video Tutorial: Megatron (Transformer Prime Cartoon) from LEGO Creator set 31121: Crocodile


Frankly speaking, of all the Megatron alternate modes in  Transformers cartoon series, the one from Transformers:Prime is one of my least favorite!


PROLOGUE


LEGO Creator set 31121: Crocodile  was released in the year 2021 and I only managed to purchase it on 2022.  Over the years.... I managed to build some Decepticon leaders using this set.  ( Click here for list of videos of them). And prior to this project,  I  broke the combo and  build an Autobot (Grimlock)  with the set .



I  remembered once reading  comments  in my videos,  asking me to build Megatron from Transformers:Prime cartoon (TF:Prime).  At first I was hesitant due to lack of interests in the character. The main reason was that his alternate mode looked pretty fat (read: not sleek) .  

I think I changed my mind recently after finding out I have yet to make a Transformer with jet /space cruiser mode using this set (31121).  Instead of  making yet another nameless, generic looking space cruiser Transformer , I guess.... why not give this Megatron some love?

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

I started the ball rolling, as always...by googling for various photos of  TF:Prime Megatron's jet mode and youtube reviews on the toys (official and 3p ones)


Notice how I used the white claw pieces to mimic the vents on top of the jet body.  The cannon mounted on the jet was last to be built with leftover parts from the set.




From my observation, I am glad to discover 70% of the transformation in his official toy can be easily replicated , mostly around his legs.  And I am more than willing to accept the challenge realizing  the other 30%

 




 

Jet mode without the cannon on top.


 


TRANSFORM!


The legs latched on to the robot body by one stud on each side.





ROBOT MODE


Not just the clawed fingers, even the feet are spot-on !  

 

One of the little yet satisfying design moments was adding in details like spikes on his shoulders, and kneecaps 




Compared to the original toys of this Megatron, mine is pretty flat on the back without any kibble at all. 

 

One of the more unique concern when building the likes of Megatron is whether he's able to wield his arm mounted cannon. Luckily the ball joints  on his arms can cope with this.



WITH GALVATRON



This Galvatron made using one smaller LEGO Creator set.


MORE ACTION POSES



 



 


 

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Left Leg


 

 

Right Leg


 

 

Nosecone 



Body





The Rest





VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...