Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, November 4, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Stealth Plane from LEGO Creator set 31112: Wild Lion

 

Wow... I can't believe it's been almost ONE WHOLE YEAR!


PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator set 31112: Wild Lion  was released last year, in 2021, and I had a great run with the set.... churning out 4  different kinds of LEGO Transformers with it,  prior to this one!


The last project I made with this set was The Ark (video below).... 


... and that was more than 11 months ago!!  It kept me wondering I left it alone for months.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project here was  started some time ago after I built a Megatron , I think.  Then.... I was aiming to build more versions of Megatron using official LEGO sets.  (One that led me to Galvatron sometime later).

 

I remembered Megatron turning into a stealth  plane  in one (or more perhaps) of the Transformers cartoon.  







It took me a very long to get everything tabbed together nicely. And the wings kept sagging until I finally found a way to prop them up.

\

TRANSFORM!







ROBOT MODE

This time around.... I managed only a handful of robot mode photos due to a a lil glitch. Keep browsing to find out more!

 


The brownish 1 x 2 plates on his butt can be swiveled around. They helped to prop up the wings in plane mode.

 



One of the final changes I made to this creation was to extend his arm's length by a stud longer, after I discovered how puny they looked initially  in relative to his long legs.

 


 

THE GLITCH!!


The extra plate thickness on his knees  reduced his range on the knee joints, thus limiting his poseability and "photo opportunities".

I discovered this glitch after I got most of the videos and photos snapped.  So I decided to let things be.  They can be easily corrected actually.   Are you up for the challenge?

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms


Left Leg



Right Leg




Chestplate and Flanks




Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • For more building instructions with LEGO set 31112, click here please.  
  • Or click here to see other alternate creations/Transformers I made with LEGO Creator sets.
Have fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...