Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, September 30, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Microscope from LEGO Marvel set 76140: Iron man mech armor

 

This project here is arguably one of the very few that I had in limbo for the longest period!


I've really lost track when I started building this  guy,  but I think it's sometime last year. and was almost done at record time till I hit a roadblock. Why?  Well, the answer is somewhere inside this article. Keep reading (and enjoy the photos!)

ABOUT SET 76140



LEGO set 76140: Iron man mech armor was the first Mech Armor set I bought at the beginning of 2020.  And since then.. I've been building Transformers with it , and some  of the attempts were done by pairing up the set with another set. 


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

In recent years, I've made quite a few Transformers with microscope as the alternate mode (click here to view them all), and I guess since I've gotten the hang of it, perhaps I can apply the same trick on set above. 





The lens piece is my favorite part of the design due to the challenge in trying to make something tubular with limited rounded parts from the set.







He might shoot if he's interrupted from performing his scientific experiments.


ROBOT MODE

I was almost done with the project  and discovered that I have a problem completing his head* after many hours accumulated over many days.  So I put the project aside for months.  

*I couldn't find a suitable piece to top off his head.



Finally,  I decided to calls it a day and put a closure this this project, by topping up the head with a L-shaped tile.




ACTION POSES













BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Legs



Lens



Body







VIDEO TUTORIAL



Click here if video above is not showing

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • More free building instructions  (mostly from official LEGO sets)
  • Building Instructions using Marvel Mech Armor sets.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...