Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, October 22, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Dinosaur from LEGO Ninjago 71707: Kai Mech Jet

 

This project was completed more than a year ago, but kept on hold due to a small hiccup...


....I've broken 2 mecha arm parts from set 71707 used in this project (below)! without them, my dinosaur is literally crippled!

 
After many years of using similar parts of varying colors with no problem in my LEGO projects , the white variant that comes with this set is very fragile. Before they gave way, I noticed the diminished clutch strength,  from my earlier projects using the set. (click here to view them).  

Anyway, recently I finally ordered new LEGO parts (including the broken ones above) from bricklink in order to complete my pending projects .

Oh yes... my latest project using this set was a Transformer insect, built early last year.


Click here if video is not showing


DINOSAUR MODE

Would love to call him a T-rex, but this one here has 2 horns on his head. 













No problem raising his tail up despite the huge bulk!


TRANSFORM!



This is probably my most satisfying part of the designing process: getting the dino head to fold and tuck in nicely to the back of the robot mode.


This mid-transformation photo reminded me of a praying mantis.


ROBOT MODE


Note the pelvic joints with the protruding black knob. They hindered the posability a fair bit. 













BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms




Legs







The Rest








VIDEO TUTORIAL


If video is not showing above, click here.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...