Featured Post

LEGO Alternate Builds: Creator, Transformers, Bumblebee , building instructions

  This page contains grouped links to my creations and Transformers made using official LEGO sets

Monday, January 5, 2026

LEGO 31166 alternate build #001: Transformer Insecticon Shrapnel

  

Imma turning this Beautiful Horse into Beautiful horde.

Before you proceed, you might be interested to see my recent LEGO Creator/Bumblebee  alternate builds, mostly transformers (link below)

Happy New Year 2026!

As stated, year 2026 is Year of the Horse in Chinese Calendar. And LEGO is generous enough to release a Horse set a year early, set 31166.  So I bought the set a couple of months ago, and just last month I decided to do my thing aka this project here.



ABOUT PROJECT SHRAPNEL

This project paid homage to an official G1 Transformer named  Shrapnel   from team Insecticons. He turned into a mechanical Stag beetle. Shrapnel, apparently... is my favorite member of all the 3 G1 Insecticons  as well. (below):




I remembered building Shrapnel (his insect mode actually)  with the first LEGO I ever owned ( set 6656 tow truck !) as a child.







 

TRANSFORM!






 

ROBOT MODE


 



 




WITH GUN AND TUCKED IN STINGERS(MANDIBLES?)




 



VIDEO TUTORIAL

The following video contains tutorial / instructions for this creation except the robot head and gun.  They're pretty easy to build if you stare at the  photos here long enough. 


Alternatively,... I have provided complete building instructions in the form of PDF documents format that you can purchase via link below. Hope you can support my works by purchasing a copy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...