Thursday, August 27, 2026

LEGO 31381 alternate build #004: Transformer Cyclonus / Space cruiser

 

One of my favorite flight mode G1 Transformer!

RECAP

LEGO  31381 Fierce Shark  was released early this year (2026) and I think it's the spiritual successor to set 31088 from many years ago. Both sets are featuring sharks as the main models.

Before this project, I have made 3 Transformers using set 31381. One of them turned into Dinobot Swoop!



ABOUT PROJECT CYCLONUS

This creation is based on G1 Cyclonus, a character from G1 Transformers cartoon series that turned into a very sleek and sharp looking space cruiser!  I've made few Cyclonuses using official LEGO sets before. Click here to see them.


My Cyclonus this time is as close as it can gets when it comes to the color scheme of the original Cyclonus




The biggest challenge is obfuscating the ironic robot head with pointy ears into the nosecone, since its too big to be concealed fully inside the vehicle.



While prepping the vehicle mode for photoshoot, I discovered the nosecone tend to tilt lower at an angle. A quick redesign was then applied to the undercarriage to keep it upright. Luckily there are still hinged pieces around for me to do this!




With gun mounted



TRANSFORM!










ROBOT MODE




 


 

MORE ACTION POSES


Due to the small ball joints used for the pelvis and the chunky back nosecone kibble, certain knee bending poses aren't stable .

 

Hi almost flat feet demanded a rough surface for extra stability, too!



With gun

 


 


VIDEO



WAIT ! THERE'S MORE!

A while back, I made a  Cyclonus using LEGO 31150 , which shared similar color scheme with set 76970 (video below)

No comments:

Post a Comment